Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Toastada's

I am the only 0ne in my family that enjoys this meal, but I don't seem to care because I think it's so good and yummy. There are couple of switches that I made to the recipe though and I will point them out.

Corn Relish:
2 limes, juiced
10 oz. corn kernels
2 green onions
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper
avacado . . . add just before serving ( I USED guacamole instead)
I ADDED: 2 T fresh cilantro

In the morning make the corn relish so it can sit in the fridge all day. Combine all ingredients, minus the avacado, in bowl and give it a good toss. I like to leave my limes in to soak all day just because.
Before serving:
Dice 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (optional: toss with one minced jalapeno or I USED the Rol-Tel diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro)
8 oz Monterey Jack, shredded
1 C black beans (I ADDED 1/2 lb ground beef and half packet of taco seasoning)
toastadas (big round tortilla chips), corn tortillas, OR flour tortillas (I USED fried corn tortillas because I LOATHE hard shells)


For a flour tortilla option:
Brush tortilla with oil, top with beans, tomaters, and cheese. Bake 10 minutes at 475 or until golden and crispy.

Serve with corn relish and sour cream. Yummy!

Recipe courtesy of Tiffany H.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum, this looks good!

Neesha said...

We tried it last night...yup, it's good!