Thursday, February 11, 2010

Porcupine Meatballs

I absolutely LOVE meatballs, but it's hard to find a recipe that the whole family loves. This recipe is fairly good but I can never seem to keep the meatballs to stay in ball form. :) They just crumble and I end up stirring and browning it like hamburger instead. Any meatball suggestions out there?

Meatball or ground beef, they were pretty darn good anyways though.

1 lb ground beef
2 T finely diced onion
1/4 uncooked rice
1 slightly beaten egg
salt and pepper
1/4 C tomato soup

Combine all and shape in about 20 small balls. Place meatballs in skillet.

Then mix:
1 C tomato soup
1/2 C water
1 teaspoon soy sauce

And pour over meat balls. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes. Stir often. The stirring is when my meatballs turns to mush. Any suggestions.

I served these over angel hair pasta, but it is also good served with egg noodles tossed in olive oil and garlic.

Recipe courtesy of Deseret Recipes

1 comment:

sistersue said...

This is one of my family's favorite meals. When I make it, I start the sauce simmering and then add the meatballs. Cover and let it simmer. You really don't need to stir very often and they stay together for me.