Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Japanese Salad / Chinese Chicken Salad

I'm back . . . aren't you so happy? I knew you would be. We had people from the ward bringing us meals for the last 2 weeks so I guess I have to start cooking again darn it. :)

This is my all time salad for any occasion!
Stir fry 3-4 diced chicken breasts(never used canned, I promise you won't be dissapointed) in:
3 T soy sauce
2 T lemon juice
1 T fresh minced garlic
1 T oil
1 T fish sauce
1 packet chicken ramen noodle seasoning

Cook and set aside.

In a large bowl combine:
1 package ramen noodles, crushed and uncooked
2 T slivered almonds
1/2 cabbage, chopped
2 diced green onions
2 T toasted sesame seeds

Combine all ingredients and toss well. Add chicken to salad and set aside.

For the dressing:
1 T sugar
1/2 vegi oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 T vinegar

Combine and pour over salad. Toss well and let refrigerate at least 3 hours. Give it a good toss before serving.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I made this tonight and am waiting 3 hours to eat it....I did taste the chicken and it was YUMMY!

Tiffany said...

It's so good, worth the 3 hour wait :) You can also use that same sauce to marinate your chicken and serve over rice. Yummy

Nicole said...

yes it was, and my kids even ate it!