Monday, October 19, 2009

Mashed Potatoes

Ok, I know that this may seem like a no-brainer recipe to some of you, BUT believe it or not, there was a time in my young, newly-married life that I had no clue how to make mashed potatoes. I called my Mom, in a hurry, before my cute hubby came home from work. Sooo . . . just in case nobody knows . . . here ya go.

The best thing about mashed potatoes is that you really can't mess it up. :)
6-9 potatoes of your choice (I used red this time)
1 stick butter
1/4 C + milk
salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc (optional)

Boil potatoes until tender when stabbed, yes I said stabbed, with a fork. Drain.
Put taters in mixing bowl. I do it in my Kitchen Aid. Mix potatoes with 1/2 of butter on low speed until potatoes are semi-mush :)
I then put on my whisk attatchement and whisk on med-high speed until all smooth. Slowly add seasonings and milk until creamy.
Top with rest of butter.

You can add lots of things to this such as: cheese, onions, green onions/chives, sour cream. It depends on your personal style. Happy mashing.

No comments: