Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fresh Fried Tillapia

Mom, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't ever remember eating fish of any kind when I lived at home. I don't remember eating fresh caught fish until I married Bryan and had dinner at his parent's home. His Mom taught me how to fry it and it's the only way I have every tried. Fish is also the only dinner that all 5 people in our family eat! (I think I say that a lot) :)

This is best with FRESHLY CAUGHT fish, but the store bought tillapia, trout, or whatever you catch that day at the lake :) 6-7 tillapia fillet's
1 C flour
1/4 C lemon pepper
1 T salt
olive oil

Rinse fish and set aside. Combing flour and seasonings together and mix well. Lightly dredge fish in flour mixture and fry in olive oil on skillet. Cook on each side about 5 minutes or so, I can never tell with fish, but it doesn't take as long as you think.

Serve with fresh lemon juice and red potatoes :) Yum.

PS. I just realized this looks a lot like Parmesan Chicken, but it isn't . . .

No comments: