Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole

To kick off this wonderful bliggity-blog I am stealing my first recipe from my friend Barb (see link to the right). It rocks, let me tell ya. All the girls were very skeptical of the smorgasbord of ingredients, but we couldn't stop eating it, except Madison, who doesn't eat anything. Now I have a rockin' Chicken Courdon Blue recipe from my Momma, which I will share at a later time, but I swear it tasted just like it. So yummy and no picture . . . check out Barb's site to see a pic.

2 packages stuffing
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 lb sliced deli ham, cut into i inch strips
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups cooked, diced chicken

Prepare stuffing mixes according to directions on box. Meanwhile in a bowl combine soup and milk. Put cooked cubed chicken in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, layer on ham, Swiss cheese and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese (at this point you could freeze it for another day. If freezing thaw in fridge overnight and remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking) Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-14 minutes longer.

P.S. The only thing I measured was the milk - I am all about eyeballing it. I only did 1 box of stuffing too.

(Courtesy of Barb Bakes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks