Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken

I have FINALLY started feeling good enough to actually cook again! Yeah! For the last 2 months all I really make is quick stuff for the kids like pancakes, grilled cheese, soup, frozen chicken nuggets, mac n' cheese, etc. So crap essentially. ha ha.

Last night we celebrated my husband's birthday and I wanted to actually MAKE a good meal so I roasted a whole chicken with mashed potatoes. Sooo yummy. This is the second best way to make chicken, the first being in the dutch oven of course. :)

So after thawing out my whole chicken, I cleaned out the stuff out of the inside and patted it dry. I put it in a casserole dish lined with tin foil and cooking spray. I then chopped up these:

4 lemons
2 onions
4 T butter
I put half of them inside the little birdie and the other half around the pan. I then put a couple pats of butter in between the skin and meat. I then sprinkled liberally with kosher salt and lemon pepper seasoning. Then finally I drizzled it with olive oil.I put it in a 375 degree oven, uncovered for about an hour and a half. I had my internal thermometer set at 170, so when it went off I took it out and made sure it was done and then my wonderful husband cut it up. I totally forget to take a final picture so I hope this does.I LOVE roasted chicken I had thank you's all around, ever one went to bed so stuffed. Especially after we topped it off with birthday cake! Being pregnant is fun when I don't feel like crap all the time.

PS. I love sharing recipes with my sisters and the rest of you should too. I command it. The end. :)

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

Yay for feeling well enough to cook!!!