Monday, May 31, 2010

Banana Buckwheat Pancakes


Mouth-watering good!! Yummiest pancakes I've ever had. :) You can serve them with the traditional butter and syrup, but I like them best with apple sauce on top! I tried peanut butter and almond butter too, and both were good, but the apple sauce is definitely the best! Also, I didn't have baking powder, so I used a 1/2 tsp baking soda and left the powder out, and it worked great!

2 cups plain soy milk
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 c buckwheat flour
1 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp egg replacer powder
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup (pure is best!)
2 bananas, thinly sliced

Mix 1 3/4 c soy milk with lemon juice in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.

Combine flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.

Whisk egg replacer and remaining 1/4 c soy milk in small bowl. Add to soy milk mixture. Whisk in oil and syrup. (For those of you who don't know what egg replacer powder is, see the picture below.)

Stir flour mixture into soy milk mixture. Fold in bananas.

Lightly oil griddle, and cook the pancakes just like any other pancake. Yummy!

4 comments:

Stuart Clark said...

Can I just say...?
YOU ALL SHOULD COME COOK FOR US?!!!
Wow - I'm hungry.

Rachie - you're holding out on us. Post some of your yummy salads or delicious banana bread!

Love this blog - Love all of you!
Mom & Dad

Stuart Clark said...

I'm enjoying the blog, but I must say that it's difficult to read the recipes with those background flowers in the way. Yes, please come cook for us.

Love ya'll,
Dad

Unknown said...

I agree about the flowers . . . but it matches our cute header!

I think these pancakes would be great with bananas!

Unknown said...

Which they do . . . ha ha . . . nevermind.