Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

These were my all time favorite growing up.  We got them on special occasions like Super Bowl Sunday and the random eat dinner in front of the TV nights.  I went broke in college because I bought these so stinkin' much!  Well my friends, no more! 
Unfortunatly we didn't grow jalapenos this year, BUT Bryan's mom did!  The last time I was there I snagged about 25 of them.  These were seriously so good it is killing me not to eat them all in one sitting. 


20-25 medium jalapenos
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp worts sauce
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

4-6 bacon strips

Cut your peppers in half length wise, after cutting stems off.  Take the seeds and membrane out then blanch them in boiling water for 2-5 minutes.  The longer you boil them the less spicy they will be.

While peppers are cooling, combine your cheeses and sauce. 
Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes depending on how melty you want the cheese.  ENJOY!!!

*Side Note*
Since these were so yummy I wanted Bryan to partake, but since he is gone hunting I couldn't very well save him any.  (ha ha)  So I tried to freeze them.  I assembled them and just left out the baking step.  I haven't tried them yet out of the freezer, but I will let you know if they worked or not.
Stuff jalapeno halves with cheese and then top with crumbled bacon!

**  Also - you can omit the worts sauce and instead put in some ranch dressing seasoning.  I would have done that but didn't have any on hand.

1 comment:

Stuart Clark said...

So, did they work after you froze them?

TBC