Sunday, March 14, 2010

Seasame Candy Chicken

This was soooo yummy! The picture doesn't do it justice either. I need to work on my photo skills, so go here to see a better pic and the place I got the recipe. :)

PS. I did alter some of it to accommodate my family.

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 fillets) (I used close to 4 lbs)
2 eggs ( I used 4)
2 C flour ( I used 3)

Sweet Candy Sauce:
1 C sugar
1/2 C soy sauce
toasted sesame seeds
slices scallions (0ptional)

In a pan, pour about 2 inches of oil and heat on medium heat until hot. Cut chicken on the diagonal into thick strips, about 2 inches wide. (I wish I had cut them into bite size portions, which I will do next time) In a bowl, beat eggs. In another bowl, place flour. Coat chicken in egg first then flour then do it again and maybe even a third time. The better coated the chicken is, the better.

When oil is hot, fry chicken pieces until golden brown, which was about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and let oil drain.

In separate bowl make the candy sauce, place soy and sugar in bowl and mix together. Mix about 30 seconds. The sugar will not completely dissolve, but it should be thick, but not grainy. Add sesame seeds and mix well. Pour, dip, or cover chicken as desired with yummy sauce and serve over rice. Garnish with sliced scallions.

My ENTIRE family ate this meal, even my pickiest eater, so what does that tell ya? Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of just-cook-already.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jessica Allen said...

Thank You... I am going to make this for dinner tonight!!! It looks so YUMMY!!!!

Neesha said...

This one's a keeper!

Nicole said...

ooooh I made this one, and loved it. Keep the recipes coming I love em!