Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mint Brownies

I am so sorry for the quality of this picture, it does NOT do this brownie justice. They are so yummy though. I made 3 different batches last week, they're THAT good! :) Brownies:
1 0r 2 sticks of butter (fluffier or denser - I use 1 and a 1/2 sticks)
2 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 C flour
1 tsp salt

Melt butter
Add sugar, cocoa, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until fluffy then add the flour and salt.

Spray or line (with parchment paper) a 9x13 pan
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.*
Let cool completely!

Mind Frosting:
2 T evaporated milk (regular is fine too)
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
green food coloring
3 T melted butter
2 C powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients well then spread over cooled brownies and chill thoroughly.

Chocolate Topping:
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 T butter
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter and chocolate chips then add vanilla. Stir until smooth. Spread over mint frosting and chill until it sets up one last time.

Divide in GIANT portions and enjoy!

This recipe is from my awesome friend, Anne W. She gets all the credit. :)

* My baking time is always tricky where I live, I don't know if it's elevation or what, but I usually have to bake these babies longer than 25 minutes. Just watch them until you can stick a toothpick in and have it come out clean. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

mmmmm..my mommy has always made these brownies and they're so my fav!