Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sour Cream Enchiladas

This is my family's FAVORITE enchilada recipe. Nothing compares, you won't be disappointed I promise. I love it because it is so simple and requires so few ingredients. Usually I have everything on hand except the cheese.

4-5 chicken tenders
1/2 diced onion
1 small can green chilies
1 1/2 T flour
3/4 chicken broth
1/2 carton sour cream
1 T parsley
1 C Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas
First dice chicken tenders and set aside. Dice onion, I like mine REALLY fine. Then saute onion in butter until slightly cooked, add chicken, and green chilies. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
In small saucepan gradually stir broth into flour. Whisk until mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook additional minute then remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, parsley, pepper, and 1/2 of cheese.
Add half of the sour cream mixture into the chicken and stir it up.
Warm tortillas in microwave. Spoon chicken in tortilla, roll and place seam side down in greased 9x13 casserole dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture on top of enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. The last 5 minutes remove cover so cheese gets nice and melted.

(Recipe courtesy of my momma, Teresa)

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Actually this recipe is courtesy of Teresa's momma (Geraldine)!

Nicole said...

I made these too! Yummy Yummy. I love you blog site!