Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crock pot Pot Roast

This one is one of those meals that I have no recipe for and I do differently almost all the time. I am sure that it is pretty basic too, but hey - I had to ask how my first time around and here is how I did it this time:

I rubbed the beef roast with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Then I lightly seared the sides of the beef in a pot with olive oil in the bottom. When sides are lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes per side) transfer the roast to the crock pot.

Here is where you can add variety. With the roast I added 3 beef bouillon cubes and filled the crock pot with water halfway up the roast. I also added 1 onion, roughly chopped into 4ths. You could substitute the water with Au Jus also.

Put the crockpot on low and let cook at least 4 hours or until meat has reached internal temperature of 160 degrees.

Then I added potatoes, cut in 4ths, and baby carrots. Then let cook an additional 3 hours on high.

No comments: