Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cheesy Potato Soup

We had this yummy soup on Halloween. I was so busy putting makeup on all the girls that I didn't have time to make dinner, so my husband Bryan, graciously stepped in. He did not disappoint. He rocks this soup. So yummy.

First peel and dice:
4-6 diced potatoes
1/2 onion

Set aside. Then melt 3/4 stick of butter in large stockpot. Add 1 C flour and stir together. Then add 2 C milk. Stir constantly on med-low heat until thickened. (Congrats! You just made a white sauce!)
Add up to 2 quarts water until you reach your desired consistency/quantity. (Sometimes less water is better, but you might need more. Remember you have to cook your taters in it.) Now add 5 chicken bouillon cubes, diced potatoes, and onions. Let come to a boil and once boiling, you can also add any other vegi's you might want like carrots or broccoli, celery or ham. We didn't this batch.
Reduce heat a little and stir constantly until the vegi's are cooked through. Once they are tender, add about 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with yummy bread. Sorry no picture, didn't even think to take one on Halloween, and I didn't cook, so there ya go.

PS. I typed up the recipe a little different this time. Do you like having all the ingredients at the top or integrated in the recipe? I need your input. :)

3 comments:

Stuart said...

I like the ingredients at the top. Then you don't have to go spelunking to find them.

Love,
Dad

Tiffany said...

Thanks Dad, I was thinking the same thing actually. :)

Taunalee said...

mmmm... i make this a lot and people love me for it! It's sooooo good!