Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Apple Crisp

Disclaimer: This recipe wasn't as good as it could be. If anyone has any suggestions - please, PLEASE let me know.OK - so I just realized my recipe got wet somehow and I can't read any of it!!!! PLEASE comment with your recipes and suggestions.

This is what I could remember - good luck.

1 C sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp (later)
3-4 peeled and sliced large apples
1/2 C flour
1/2 C oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
6 T butter

Combine about 1/2 C sugar, lemon juice, water and cinnamon in bottom of small baking pan. Slice in apples. Blend with remaining sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, salt, and butter until crumbly. Spread over apples and give a gentle stir. I like to incorporate all the ingredients because it makes for a moister crisp.

Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, until apples are tender and crust browned. Serve with ice cream!!

No comments: