Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mashed Potato Fudge

Wonder what I've been cooking lately? Not much, actually! I'm getting back into it, I swear...when my thesis is done. :) I have been cooking some things, though...some of them just to get a reaction. When you tell people there are potatoes in your fudge, the reactions are pretty great. ;) Hey I'm from Idaho! What did you expect?


3 oz unsweetened chocolate
3 Tbsp butter (I use vegan butter--easy swap!)
1/3 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes
1 tsp vanilla
1 dash salt
1 lb powdered sugar
1-2 tsp milk (soy milk for me!)
crushed nuts of some sort...I prefer pecans

Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in mashed potatoes, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Sift powdered sugar into a large bowl, then add the chocolate mixture, mixing well. The mixture may be crumbly. As needed, add 1-2 tsp milk until the mixture is a consistency you can knead. Turn it out onto the counter and knead until smooth. Roll it into snakes, roll those in the crushed nuts, slice it up, and enjoy!

I love that you don't have to wait for this fudge to set!

No comments: