Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Great Salad

Go me! My first post on this blog! =) So this has a cheesy name, but there's no better name for it! =) This stuff is so so good I think. Kind of a lot of steps, but it's worth it!

nickel-sized bunch of spaghetti - break in half, boil, rinse in cold water
1/2 head cabbage - chopped
1/2 head lettuce - chopped
1 carrot - grated
3/4 C frozen peas (strain w/ hot water)
1 bunch green onion
1/2 cucumber - cut in bite sizes
1 tomato
1/2 C grated motz cheese
handful of broccoli
handful of cauliflower


(I double the recipe for the dressing, so that's why there's some weird measurements. I don't know how to convert them!) =)
Dressing:

1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 C milk
1 C mayo
3 Tbsp vinegar
5 tsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp sour cream
2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp horse radish
1/4 garlic pwd
1 C parm cheese


Bake and slice breaded chicken and put in on!
Yum yum!

6 comments:

The Clarks said...

I like your post!

Tiffany said...

I like your post too Rach! Wait did you just like your own post or am I missing something? ha ha

This salad looks soooo yummy to me. I have been craving a lot of salad lately. Mmmmm peas.

The Clarks said...

that was steve. =)

sistersue said...

That looks good enough to try!

Taralyn said...

Yay for Rachel posting! Looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

OH, I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE......ILOVE YOU BLOG KEEP IT UP!