Friday, June 11, 2010

Cherry Bar Squares

1 3/4 C sugar
1 C butter, softned
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract (I used almond)
4 eggs
3 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 21 oz can Cherry pie filling

Cream sugar, butter, and extract until light and fluffy. Then add eggs, one at a time and beat until smooth. Add flour and baking powder.

Spread 2/3 of batter into greased 15x10 pan. Pour on pie filling and spread evenly over the top. Drop remaining batter on top by spoonfuls.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.*

When it is cooled drizzle glaze over the top!

Glaze:
1 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1-2 T milk

*I had to almost double this recipe so I could fill a cookie sheet. It might almost work better in a smaller pan, but I needed a lot of it, so it worked out good. Also, I cooked mine for 55 minutes before it was cooked all the way through. You might have to watch it.

Sooooo yummy!

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

I love these! So yummy!