Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stuffed Manicotti

If anyone has a really yummy recipe for this let me know . . .1 12 oz pkg manicotti shells
1 16 oz carton cottage cheese
1 16 oz carton ricotta cheese
2 C grated mozzarella
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 T parsley
1 jar spaghetti sauce

There are two ways to do this . . . cooking the shells first and not cooking the shells. I did not cook my shells because I think it is easier to work with that way. If you want to cook your shells then skip this first step . . .

In casserole dish, pour half jar of spaghetti sauce and 1 C HOT water. (If using cooked shells, then don't add water). Mix all cheeses, eggs, and parsley in bowl.

Fill each shell with cheese until it spills out both ends. I used a pastry/frosting thingy to fill them. ( I don't know what it's called!!! ha ha ) Place shell in pan. Top with sauce and sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top. (The recipe didn't say if you don't add these cheeses in with the cheese mixture or if this was extra? I added extra.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Recipe courtesy of Family Dinner Cookbook

No comments: