Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jam!!!

I am always so proud of myself after I have made jam, I must admit it. :) With this special pectin it makes it soooo easy! You don't have to cook anything or wait for jars to be sealed at all! Soooo easy.

I can't exactly remember all the directions, because I threw the package away, but you can double check the back of the pectin package to be sure.

4 cups crushed, blended fruit of choice
1 1/2 C sugar
1 package Ball Freezer Jam Pectin

Combine sugar and pectin first. Then add crushed/blended fruit. We used strawberry and raspberry for this batch. Stir for 3 minutes then ladle into jars. Let sit for 30 minutes and it is ready to serve or freeze!

It made 6 jars shown above.

1 comment:

Fillmore Fun said...

Tiff,

Just wanted to leave a comment and let you know what an amazing cook/ mom that you are. We have been trying your recipes. I have never made a salad so popular in my life as the 7 layer jello salad! I got so many compliments and everyone had to try it... and recently my family LOVED your homemade pretzels! Can't wait to try some more! Keep posting!

Lori