Friday, January 7, 2011

Perfect Pulled Pork

I made this for all the family that was hear for my son's blessing. We had about 18 people here and there was lots of leftovers. I was told that it was the "best pulled pork ever". You decide :)
5 - 7 lb pork butt shoulder
3 tsp. paprika
4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
2 C water
buns

Combine all seasonings and then rub evenly over roast and drizzle with olive oil to get them to stick good. Rub it into all sides.
Place meat in roasting pan in 500 degree oven until meat is browned, I didn't time it . . . maybe 25 minutes. (sorry)
Pour water in bottom of crock pot and place meat inside. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. At least one hour before serving, shred pork and let it sit until ready to serve.

We served BBQ sauce on the side. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tianna said...

How can it be both butt and shoulder? :)

Sounds tasty!

Taunalee said...

Yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Best pulled pork I have ever tasted. Thanks for posting it, Tiff?

Taunalee said...

Haha I didn't mean for the last sentence to be a question. I'm genuinely excited I promise.

Taralyn said...

Mmmm....meat. ;-p