Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kim's Amazing Bread


My friend Kim makes this bread from scratch every week, and I love it! Super delicious, and pretty easy to make. :) I love making bread--very therapeutic for me. I had to bake it longer than she suggested, so keep that in mind, and enjoy!

2 cups water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp powdered soy milk (or powdered milk)
1 Tbsp sunflower oil (any oil works)
1 Tbsp honey
2 cups wheat flour
2 cups white flour
3-4 handfuls seeds (I used flax, sunflower, and pumpkin. Cracked wheat is good too.)

Mix all ingredients together-order doesn't really matter. Knead dough for 15-20 minutes until smooth. I ended up adding quite a bit more flour during the kneading process. Put in greased bread pan and let rise in a warm place for about an hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 33 min.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Flax seed always makes bread better! I always use it :) This sounds like a fun recipe . . . make some for tomorrow :)

Tiffany said...

PS. This was WAY yummy!!! Thanks!